Culinary teas makes every efforts to support Ethical Tea Partnership. Almost all of our teas follow these guidelines.
Ethical Tea Partnership is an initiative started within the tea industry to monitor and regulate the living and working conditions on tea estates. The goal of the organization is to provide the consumers complete understanding of where tea is grown and manufactured.
Everything from fair compensation to heath coverage, housing and childcare comes under close audit. It is similar to Fair trade organization but has much broader scope for tea consumers since its focus is on the tea.
What Does fair treatment and trading fairly look like?
- No children labor
- Fair compensation
- Workers are properly dressed for job they do
- There is suitable staff housing on the estate
- The medical policy in place for the workers ( often include on-site medical clinic)
- There is education policy for the children of the workers ( often include on-site school)
- Reinvestment in upgrade and proper maintenance to ensure the long term future for all stakeholders.
- General respect by management of the labor force.
Exceptional teas are produced by a healthy and fairly compensated workers.
In many cases this includes free schooling and Medicare for children and family in addition to fair prices for fresh leaves.
It is so great to know that buying the tea we support and help those families.